Radiesse® Dermal Filler Aftercare Instructions
- Aspirin, Vitamin E – avoid for 10 days.
- NSAIDS nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – avoid for 10 days.
- Alcohol – avoid 3 days prior to procedure.
- Immune system diseases.
- Pregnancy. Breastfeeding.
- Coagulation diseases.
- Cutaneous neurofibromatosis.
- Various acute infectious diseases. (i.e., Influenza, etc.)
- Inflammation of the skin in areas to be treated (i.e., cystic acne, etc.)
- A non-absorbable implant (Silicone) in the zone of thread insertion.
- Oncology (Chemotherapy).
- Tendency toward Keloid Scarring.
- Bleeding disorders and some diseases of the blood.
- Neurotic psychological disorders.
- Unrealistic expectations.
Do not do any medical grade aesthetic treatment while pregnant or ill. Before your appointment, Karla NP recommends to complete a pregnancy test before each aesthetic treatment if there is the slightest possibility that you might be pregnant.
What can I expect after treatment?
Immediately following a treatment with RADIESSE dermal filler: Redness, bruising, and/or swelling may occur in the treatment area. These signs usually go away in a short period and are generally mild.
An ice pack may be applied to the treatment area to help reduce swelling.
For approximately 3-5 days after treatment:
- Avoid significant movement of the treated area.
- Massage your buttocks vigorously in a circular manner after treatment, 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days.
- Do not apply makeup.
- Avoid extensive sun or heat exposure.
- Avoid pools, jacuzzi, bath tubs, sauna rooms, steams rooms, sweaty activities for 3 days post injections.
After you leave the office, you may experience redness, bruising, and/or swelling for a few days. Not all patients experience these, but please note that such effects can occur and are not out of the ordinary for this treatment. You may be able to feel the area where RADIESSE was injected for some period after injection. Over time, the injected area will feel like your own tissue.
How quickly can I get back to my daily activities?
Most patients feel comfortable going back to their normal activities immediately after this treatment
How many treatments are required?
Your medical aesthetic provider will decide with you the number of treatment sessions and the amount of RADIESSE dermal filler you will need at each treatment session. Generally, significant changes may be achieved in a first treatment. A touch-up may be required to achieve optimal results. Best results are usually achieved with 5 vials in each butt cheek, for a total of 10 vials on the first treatment session.
Without touch-up injections, how will my skin look?
Your skin will begin to gradually look like it did before treatment as you near the end of the time period
RADIESSE dermal filler usually lasts. Periodic touch up injections will help you maintain the look you have after treatment.
What other things do I need to know?
The Microspheres in RADIESSE dermal filler can be seen in X-rays and CT Scans. It is very important that you inform your doctor and other health care professionals that you have RADIESSE dermal filler injected in your face/buttocks. Even though RADIESSE dermal filler can be seen in X-rays and CT Scans, there is not a high risk that it would cause your doctor concern, as long as s/he knows that you have had RADIESSE dermal filler injected in the treated area.
- Follow-up appointment 10-12 days after treatment if you feel any bumps.
- 1-3 treatment sessions are usually required during the first year to achieve optimal aesthetic effect.
- Maintenance injections every 12-18 months thereafter to maintain results
For medical questions, please contact Karla NP.
- For emergencies, please dial 911.
- For questions about your post procedural care, please message me at 480.420.8067 during normal office hours; after office hours or on weekend and nights, please leave a message