- Swelling, redness, firmness, itching, and tenderness may be present for up to 2 to 3 weeks. Use of cool packs may be used as needed for the first 2 weeks, then heat packs might be necessary. The results will be immediate, but its best effects are noted after swelling has resolved; this can take 3 to 6 weeks. Periodic touch-ups will help sustain the desired level of correction. It can take up to 2 weeks for initial swelling and any bruising to subside. If the additional filler is desired in an area of previous treatment, your provider may ask you to wait until 4 to 6 weeks have passed.
- HYDRATE well for the next 3 weeks, if you feel thirsty in the next 3 weeks, there is a higher chance you will harden the filler as thirst is a symptom of dehydration, and you will need to schedule “Follow-up after filler” for an area massage to “smooth” the filled areas. AVOID SUCKING at banana-looking objects or straws for 3 weeks. SLEEPING OFF YOUR LIPS or filler area forever is optimal to maintain the best longest lasting symmetrical results along with no use of straws, smoking, and biting lips/pens for lip filler patients. Sleep with your head slightly elevated to reduce the amount of swelling is optional.
- Do not massage or put pressure on the treated area, unless instructed by the injector.
- Wait 12 hours to apply cosmetics (including lip gloss and lipstick), moisturizer, or any lotions to the area. Avoid direct sunlight or extremely cold weather until initial swelling and/or redness has subsided.
- Do not do heavy aerobic exercise or anything to raise your core body temperature or blood pressure for 48 hours.
- If not allergic, Motrin or Advil (Ibuprofen), or Tylenol (Acetaminophen) may be used as directed on the bottle for any discomfort after injection; Benadryl (diphenhydramine) may be used as directed per directions on the bottle for itching. Benadryl can make you sleepy. Do not drive or perform any activities as directed. The use of Arnica Montana (available at health food stores) may help with bruising. It is available topically as well as orally. Follow directions on the bottle.
- Lumps, bumps, or regular, asymmetrical areas may be noted especially when swelling has subsided. It is normal to feel these lumps and bumps; however, they should not be visible after 3 to 6 weeks.
- Any severe swelling, itching, redness, increasing discomfort, or discharge from the treated area should be reported to your aesthetic injector.
- Avoid eating raw foods, such as meat or seafood (sushi/ceviche), following injections for at least 8 hours to decrease the risk of infection (applies to injection of lips and around lips).
- Text your aesthetic provider (NO IG MESSAGES) with clear high-resolution pictures of the treated area immediately if you experience any symptoms or problems other than those listed above.
- If you have any trouble with breathing, swallowing, or speaking after having filler injections, or if your symptoms feel life-threatening, call 911 or your local emergency number.
Welcome To Bella Medical Spa
Keep In Touch With Bella Medical Spa!
Join our email list for new treatment updates, promos, special events, and more!