Phosphatidylcholine/Deoxycholic Acid Fat Dissolving Injections
- Do not do any medical grade aesthetic treatment while pregnant or ill. Before your appointment, Karla NP recommends to complete a pregnancy test before each aesthetic treatment if there is the slightest possibility that you might be pregnant.
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least 2-3 weeks in advance.
- It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Omega 3, fish oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- If you develop a cold/flu, infection, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
- Your aesthetic injector will not perform Phosphatidylcholine/Deoxycholic Acid treatments on patients with current or past history of Dysphagia, “trouble swallowing”, currently pregnant or breastfeeding, with presence of infection at or near the injection sites or under the age of 18.
- Your aesthetic injector will take careful consideration in performing Phosphatidylcholine/Deoxycholic Acid treatments on patients with excessive skin laxity, prominent platysmal bands, thyromegaly, cervical lymphadenopathy, pronounced sub-mandibular glands, prior surgery, or aesthetic treatment to the treatment area, presence of scar tissue in the treatment area, sunburned or irritated skin, history of use of blood thinners, and current use of blood thinning agents or anti-coagulants.
- Do NOT touch, press, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area.
- Ice the treated areas for the next 24 hours. Place the icepack on the area for 20 minutes and remove the ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern for 24 hours.
- Apply (over the counter) Arnica gel to the treatment area to help decrease the bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
- Take (over the counter) acetaminophen (Tylenol) if needed to decrease post treatment discomfort.
- Sleep on your back and with head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any prescribed medications.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as injectables, laser, ultrasound, peels, facials, or micro-dermabrasion to the Phosphatidylcholine/Deoxycholic Acid treatment area.
- Please report to your provider immediately if you develop an asymmetric smile, facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing symptom worsens. If symptoms are severe, call 911 or seek emergency care before notifying your aesthetic provider.