✓ Aspirin, Vitamin E – avoid for 10 days.
✓ NSAIDs nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – avoid for 10 days.
✓ Alcohol – avoid 3 days prior to the procedure.
✓ Please arrive with a ‘clean face’ – no makeup!
• Immune system diseases.
• Pregnancy. Breastfeeding.
• Coagulation diseases.
• Cutaneous neurofibromatosis.
• Various acute infectious diseases. (i.e., Influenza, etc.)
• Inflammation of the skin in areas to be treated (i.e., cystic acne, etc.)
• A non-absorbable implant (Silicone) in the zone of thread insertion.
• Oncology (Chemotherapy).
• Tendency toward Keloid Scarring.
• Bleeding disorders and some diseases of the blood.
• Neurotic psychological disorders.
• Unrealistic expectations.
• Effects should be noticeable immediately after treatment. However, the maximum effect will occur in 4-6 weeks. Please wash “upwards” your face as gently as possible for 2 weeks post-procedure.
• Bruising and swelling is normal and expected. If bruising is visible, you can take oral Arnica or apply topical Arnica gel or Cearna Arnica patches to areas that are discolored. USE clean, single-use ICE PACKS daily for 5 hours, 20 minutes on and 20 off, and add a thin clean cloth or paper tissue to avoid ice burn between your skin and the ice pack – Uncontrolled swelling can be unfavorable to the final results.
• Asymmetry and irregularity of the tissue are common and will typically resolve in 1-2 weeks (14 days).
• Pain at the insertion points is normal and may last several days after treatment. Please consult your provider for any pain beyond 2 weeks.
• Excessive movement or animation of the area injected for 2 weeks. Avoid HARD chewing (gum/steak) for 2 weeks. Avoid laughing hard for 2 weeks.
• No lotions or creams for 24 hours. Wash your face or treated area just with mild soap and water.
• Massage or manipulation of the tissue for 3 weeks. No massage beds as the pressure can “reverse” PDO lift treatment. Avoid “pimple” extractions at home or professionally for 3 weeks.
• Aesthetic treatments including RF, IPL, Laser, or micro needling for 4 weeks.
• Strenuous exercise for 1 week after facial treatments and for 2 weeks after body treatments. No deep squats for one month if you have had any threads injected into the buttocks area.
• Steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, or any water source that could be unclean or excessive in temperature for 2 weeks.
• Taking Ibuprofen for 2 weeks. Acetaminophen may be taken instead if needed.
WHEN TO CALL:
• If any of the threads are exposed or start to extrude.
• If you develop a reddened, hard, painful nodule over one or more of the threads.
• If you experience increased redness, swelling, or pain at the insertion site.
• Irregularity or visible ridges (buckling) of threads (2 weeks post-treatment). • If you have any questions regarding your treatment. Please NOTE: To increase the rate of healing time and decrease swelling and bruising, your provider may encourage you to take oral antihistamines (Zyrtec, Benadryl) and histamine blockers (Zantac, Prilosec, Tagamet).